AGS offers a vast array of after school activities designed to enrich student learning, encourage creativity, broaden horizons and develop additional skills, which includes following Internal and External activities
- Arabic 2
- French Club
- Lego Club
- STEM club
- Book Club
- Young Entrepreneurs Club
- Arabic Calligraphy
- Arts Club
- Mathematics Homework Club
- Sewing Club
- Football Club
- Learning Through Play (EYFS)
- Library Club
Extra-curricular activities will commence Sunday, 13th January 2019. Please refer following links for complete schedule and timings.
Reservations will be taken from Tuesday 8th January 2019 through to Thursday 10th January 2019. Please follow the guidelines below in order to reserve a place. Kindly note, many activities have a limited number of spaces available.
The process is as follows.
- Please refer above links for the overview of activities
- Online ECA registration will open on 8th January 2019 and will remain open till 10th January 2019, 9.00 am. Please note that all the registrations will be done online and physical form will not be accepted.
- Registrations will be done online and parents will be asked to submit their preferences. Allocation will be done as per the preferences selected by the parent. Parent can select any number of preferences in an order of 1, 2, 3...etc. If the seats first preference are full then the child will be given second preference and third preference accordingly. Children can do only one activity in a day because of their similar timings. Please keep that in mind when selecting your preferences.
- Because of the limited activities and limited places, we cannot guarantee a place to every child. However, we will try our best to ensure that every children gets an opportunity to enrol and enjoy our activities.
- List of selected students of all the activities will be uploaded on school website OR we will inform parents via email. Please send email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any information regarding your child's place.
- For all the external activities, we will send you the confirmation and you can make the payment at our accounts office between 7.30am to 3.15pm or online via bank transfer. At the time of payment for external activity, we will check to make sure there are places remaining in the desired activity for your child.
If you have any queries about the activities or online registrations, please feel free to send us email at email@example.com
Additional InformationCookery Club
Please can you give 10 riyals to your child for this activity. This money will be used to purchase ingredients for cookery. We will send you the confirmation of this activity and then you can pay this fee to our accounts department.
Learning through Play
This club is only for 1 hour. The timing is from 1:30pm to 2:30pm and charges are 500 baisas for 30 minutes and 1 OMR for an hour. Parents must collect their child on time. If the parents are late (after 2:30pm) then the charges will increase to 2 OMR. Additional amount will be billed to parent separately by accounts department. In this activity, preference will be given to those who have older siblings in school. Accounts will send you the fee through email as per the selection of days and you can pay accordingly.Buses are not provided to return children home after ECA activities. Parents must collect students after activitiesy KG 1 and KG2 students will be assisted by their teachers/teachers assistants to drop them in their respective ECA
- Juventus (Football) – AGS PE Kit and astro-turf boots or trainers. Molded studs only. No metal allowed. Students who doesn't have Juventus Kit needs to buy it from the coaches on first day (OMR 20).
- Tennis – AGS PE Kit. White soled trainers. The coach can provide the racquet for the first class but later on it would be good for kids to have their own racquets. Coach can advise where to buy from the local shops.
- Swimming – AGS swimming kit and towel. Goggles and flip flops are optional.
- Ball School – AGS PE Kit or basketball kit. Trainers - white non-marking soles
- Muscat Gymnastics – Leotard and tights, or shorts and t-shirt. No shoes
- Taekwondo- Uniform cost OMR 15 and coach will guide you on the first day
Please make sure Hat and Water is provided to child for these activities.
If your child does not show up for an internal activity 3 times in a row, and the ECA leader has not been notified prior to their ab-sences, we will remove the pupil from the activity and their place will be given to another pupil who is on the waitlist.
All internal activities are AGS teacher-led activities and are offered free of charge except few where fees will be charged to purchase resources.
External Activities are activities that are offered from an outside provider but held in school with a termly fee charged for participation. If you sign-up your child for an external activity, please be aware that payment must be made in full by January 10th, 2019. You can make payment with cash, cheque or bank transfer. If paying by cash or cheque, please provide payment to AGS Accounts office and make the cheque payable to English Education Management Co LLC AGS. If you wish to pay via bank transfer, below you will find the bank transfer details. In the bank transfer, you must include your child’s first and last name, year group and the activity or activities you are signing them up for. Please send the receipt of transaction to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
BANK TRANSFER DETAILS
Bank Transfer Details:Bank Muscat SAOG
Account name:ENGLISH EDUCATION MNG CO LLC AGS